We are improving rail safety, security and performance--and building world-class communications and signaling solutions.
We work with rail executives to develop and implement solutions that are reshaping the industry.
- An onboard monitoring system which constantly monitors the health of locomotive’s Positive Train Control and communications systems, and conducts software and hardware diagnostics. This tool improves asset management, reduces maintenance and shop time, and accelerates locomotive checkout.
- A locomotive software distribution system which is a remote installation tool for onboard component software for a Class I railroad.
- A checkout tool that assesses and scores locomotive systems for deployment.
- Security for onboard locomotive systems and communications.
Communications and Signaling
Princeton Consultants builds new-generation software solutions to improve process accuracy, and we conduct systems management design and implementation.
- We offer SATS, a robust simulation tool that improves and substantially automates rail system testing, and is the preferred testing solution for hundreds of engineers, managers and designers at Class I railroads, global engineering companies, and signal system design firms.
- To help railroads manage and protect wayside status messages, we built a back-office service that creates, manages and distributes operational private keys, and interfaces with existing high-availability infrastructure.
- We perform C&S planning and life cycle management of wayside assets: assisting a Class I railroad in its wayside modernization; creating software-generated mapping of radio and telecom signal strength along the line of road; and development of a monitoring and management tool for desired communications bandwidth usage and the avoidance of exorbitant overages.
- We coordinated the installation of remote monitoring equipment at new railroad crossings, including the wireless communications network and back office systems, to introduce PTC activity for a Class I railroad.
We help freight railroads integrate new maintenance technologies to improve safety and performance
- We are the systems integrator for a Class I railroad that is implementing a new field detection system that will interface with back office systems and a network of field sensors.